Saturday, January 23, 2010

Two Bowls

I got a late start to the day, so I decided to play it local.

I made my way up the South Fork valley surveying all of the runs.  I chose to head up the Harp Mountain drainage and ski a line that I had skied in the spring about 2 years back with Snobomb.

I only saw 2 cars in the turnout, and a couple of climbers on the nearby ridges.

I seem to like the looks of this photo lately.  Not much to photograph when you ski alone.

We've been lucky with this high pressure.  It was 9 F when I left my house, and 28 F when I left the parking lot and started climbing.  Its called a temperature inversion!

Somebody had done a nice job at milking these turns.

The range was looking stellar today.

And a not too shabby view of the rest of the peaks to the south.  Anchorage, the Cook Inlet, Mount Spurr, and Mount Redoubt all showing their faces.

And this is how it's done.  I was actually going to shoot a different line, but kinda got sketched out.  If you look up hero snow in the dictionary, this is the picture that is next to it.

A nice sunset over Temptation Peak.

I was very impressed with the Front Range conditions.  This may call for some more close to home backcountry adventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home