Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Transition

Tomorrow is my last official day on Active Duty in the Army.  That means the transition to a beard and long hair.  I thought I would be sad, but I can friggin' wait.  I have 82 days of leave, and plan to use every bit of it to ski powder, think about powder, dream about powder, climb in powder, and search for powder in the Great State of Alaska.  But not without a brief stint in the Lower 48 to see family and ski the "East Coast Ice" in the Adirondacks.

I've gotten out a little bit lately, but nothing to brag about.  We hit up North Bowl on Saturday to find average snow, but a hefty wind on the ridgetop and bootpacking a portion of the Uptrack.  This actually made me go out and buy some Ski Crampons.  Marc surveys our run.
Marc walking on the ridge.  Temptation Peak is in the background.
When it rains, it pours.  I had two core shots on the new Coombacks, and the buckle on my Spirit 4's broke while at the resort yesterday for Military Monday's.  This required some shop maintenance.

Be On the Look Out for a chronological history of my military career with some pictures to follow.  The ETS party is scheduled for Saturday, March 5th 2011.  And i'll be on the look out for some mid-week ski partners after my trip back home.  Give me a holla if you want to get out and explore.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

nice post- can't wait for the ETS party, wish I was in SC AK to chill and ski- what do you want in your ETS Homebrew? Marijuana Pilsner or Mary Jane Lager

December 9, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home